compensation: Competitive salary and benefits
employment type: full-time
IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 12 million students worldwide, is seeking Senior Software Engineers who have a passion for technology and education to help us add new features to our three extremely successful educational products and build new, innovative products. We find it immensely satisfying to develop products that impact the lives of millions, and we are eager to have you join our team.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Work with a team of talented engineers, both starting projects from scratch and also working within the existing code base
- Build the back-end wiring, application logic, and UI for our products
- Drive the development process for your team, including design, coding, documenting, testing, debugging, and tuning
- Provide accurate estimates, evaluate feasibility, and assess new platforms and technologies for project implementations
- Collaborate and communicate clearly across multiple development teams to design and release amazing products
ABOUT IXL LEARNING
- 4+ years of experience in software engineering
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Excellent programming skills in Java or other object-oriented language
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Passion for improving education through technology
IXL Learning is a leading educational technology company on a big mission: creating innovative learning experiences that help all learners reach their full potential. IXL's comprehensive curriculum and insightful analytics help more than 500,000 teachers deliver personalized instruction and empower over 12 million students to achieve new learning milestones every day.
At IXL, we’re passionate about our mission of creating the best educational technology that improves learning for all students. We bring that same passion to creating a workplace that values diversity on the basis that all of us bring a unique perspective and experience that advances IXL’s mission.
We strive to increase diversity in race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, and physical or mental ability and to continually promote a work environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work.
Click here to apply