compensation: A comprehensive compensation, bonus, and benefits package
employment type: full-time
About the Firm:
Roshanian and Associates, Inc. was established in February 1987 and incorporated in January 2003. The firm has grown to become one of the leading, full-service engineering firms in the industry, providing Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Fire Protection, Technology Engineering, and Commissioning services.
About the Position:
Roshanian and Associates (RA) is looking for an energetic, self-motivated, and innovative individual for a Lead Mechanical Engineer position that can demonstrate the successful delivery of detailed mechanical design packages on medium to large scale capital projects. This person will be responsible for coordinating with internal and external architects and engineers, as well as clients, construction managers, subcontractors, commissioning agents and vendors. Project types will be educational, commercial, multi-residential and hospitality, including both existing building renovations/retrofits and new construction. In addition, the qualified candidate should have proven ability to handle multiple complex tasks and have business and personnel management skills including the ability to establish and manage priorities and assist to market services to clients.
• Developing HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection systems philosophies and plans
• Developing specifications
• Developing feasibility and site analyses study,
• Performing temperature / humidity control / HVAC and utility load calculations
• Developing airflow diagrams, pressurization plans, and classification
• Developing ductwork and piping plans
• Developing building management system (BMS) control philosophy, details, Sequence of Operations
• Performing construction assistance in the form of submittal reviews, RFI responses, and field visits to verify construction of Mechanical / Plumbing/ Fire Protection scope is executed per the intent of the design and assisting in start-up of systems when required.
• Directing activities of REVIT/ AutoCAD Designer and support staff as well as use Revit/AutoCAD and modeling programs as necessary
• Contributing to discipline related content for proposals (e.g. scope, deliverables, fee, and schedule).
• Traveling as required for client development and project execution.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 8-15 years of experience required, much of this preferably in a design firm setting
• P.E. Registration is required
• Working knowledge and skills required with software: AutoCAD, Revit, Bluebeam, Energy Pro, MS Office (Excel, word, etc.).
• Excellent verbal and written Communication skills
• LEED Accredited professional preferred
• Experience in educational projects and DSA submittal/approval process is required.
• Ability to lead a project and design effort from a mechanical perspective (from concept design through start-up)
• In addition to the basic qualifications listed, the successful candidate shall possess the skills required to successfully develop and execute project tasks and deliverables, be a collaborative team player, and have a strong drive to deliver a quality project to customers.
• Engineering capabilities required include the ability to develop and implement engineering and design concepts for HVAC, hydronic piping, compressed gases, plumbing, and fire protection systems, as well as a thorough understanding of the development of construction documents through conceptual, preliminary, detailed, and construction package stages (SD, DD, CD, CA), specifications, etc.