Join the Cedars team of caring and committed people and make a positive difference in the lives of others each day!
Cedars of Marin (https://www.cedarslife.org) provides outstanding person-centered day programs and residential opportunities for adults with developmental disabilities that inspire them to live creative, productive and joyous lives. Cedars staff work to ensure that the people we serve are supported to live a self-directed life and are treated with dignity and respect. Located in the heart of Marin County, Cedars has been supporting people for more than 100 years.
The Health and Wellness Manager plays a key role in Cedars residential department by coordinating and ensuring the provision of necessary health care services for all those living in Cedars homes. In accordance with state licensing requirements and the unique needs of each resident, the Health and Wellness Manager supervises a staff of 3 to accomplish the following: Accompany residents to appointments; track, document and ensure implementation of medical orders and other health care information; consult with residential staff on healthcare issues; provide direct assistance to residents in caring for their health-related needs. The Manager oversees medication systems and other record keeping systems, departmental processes and procedures, and serves as a liaison for residents, staff, families, regulatory agencies and health care providers.
Primary Job Requirements:
• Direct experience supporting adults with developmental disabilities is strongly desired.
• An understanding of the special health care conditions of adults with developmental disabilities, such as dementia.
• Demonstrated strength in leadership, management, and organization.
• Experience managing medical and medication administration records and systems.
• The ability to assess, develop and maintain departmental systems that ensure smooth and accurate operations.
• Experience advocating for and supporting others in healthcare settings.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, including emergencies, and to calmly problem-solve.
• Experience with MS Office and databases.
• Excellence in communication with individuals who communicate in various ways, both verbally and non-verbally.
• Experience in hiring, managing, and evaluating staff.
• A willingness to be on-call for emergencies.
• A strong desire to help people with developmental disabilities achieve their full potential.
• The ability to manage detail-oriented functions in a fast-paced setting.
• CPR and First Aid certifications or the willingness to acquire both.
• The ability to pass a pre-employment physical including a TB test. Up-to-date Covid vaccinations.
• The ability to drive a passenger van. Clean DMV record and valid CA driver's license.
• The ability to pass a criminal background check with the FBI and DOJ.
• An upbeat, positive attitude and good sense of humor are helpful!
This position is full time, Monday – Friday.
To apply, please email your resume & cover letter & type Health & Wellness Manager in your subject line.
Benefits for full-time (30+ hours/week), regular employees:
1. Medical, Dental, Vision.
2. (403B) with matching $.50 on the $1.00 on a tenured scale.
3. Paid Vacation, Sick, 3 Personal Days and 10 paid holidays.
4. Flexible Spending Account Plan.
5. Employee Assistance Program.
6. Employer paid Life/ADD insurance policy.
7. Employer paid Long Term Disability Insurance.
Diversity Statement: The Cedars of Marin does not discriminate on the basis of disability status in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its federally assisted programs and activities. The person named below has been designated to coordinate compliance with the nondiscrimination requirements contained in the Department of Housing and Urban Development's regulations implementing Section 504 (24 CFR, part 8, dated 6/2/88). Katherine Noel P.O. Box 947, Ross, CA 94957, 415-455-1715, ext. 356, TTY 800-735-2929 or 711. Please do not contact Katherine Noel regarding this job. The above phone number is for HUD inquiries only.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers