Social Worker – Certification Specialist Emphasis
The Social Worker (Certification Specialist Emphasis) develops qualified Adult Family Homes by recruiting, screening, and certifying Family Home Providers. The Social Worker (Certification Specialist Emphasis) ensures initial and ongoing certification requirements are met and that developed homes and Providers are in alignment with the philosophy and values of the company as well as all internal and external regulations and policies.
Essential Job Functions
Individuals must be able to meet all essential functions, core competencies, and requirements of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to meet/perform these functions.
• Upholds the mission and vision of Enriching Lives in the screening and development of homes.
• Generates leads for Providers through advertising, word of mouth referrals, presentations, community organizations and other events.
• Conducts information sessions & educational opportunities for potential Providers.
• Provides CPR, FA, NCI, and Intro to FHA Services to employees and potential Providers as required.
• Conducts monthly educational opportunities as required.
• Performs application reviews, home studies, interviews, documentation verification, medical reviews, reference checks, etc as part of the certification process.
• Reviews potential candidates with Administrator and provides recommendations on moving forward on candidates or screening them out.
• Ensures Providers understand their Independent Contractor Relationship with the company.
• Maintains all required certification documentation of Providers in accordance with internal and external regulations and policies including verification that all certification requirements are met, current contracts are in place, etc.
• Monitors and supports the Providers during initial and ongoing certification home visits. Notifies management immediately of any material changes affecting the status of Individuals or Provider Homes.
• Manages and tracks the recruitment budget.
• Assists and provides recommendations in the matching process between Individuals and Providers.
• Assists with Provider retention.
• Provides crisis management support and rotating on call coverage to Individuals& Providers as required.
• Provides excellent customer service and response timeliness to stakeholders such as Individuals, Families, Regional Center, and Family Home Providers.
• Develops external relationships with community individuals, agencies, and organizations in the recruitment of Providers.
• Develops and maintains working relationships with all Individuals, families, funding sources and regulatory agencies, as appropriate, and monitors their satisfaction with services.
• Participates in training as required.
• Assist Individuals with transportation and moving as needed.
• Functions as a Social Worker (Coordinator Emphasis) as required during development and transition stages.
• Performs other duties as assigned. May work on special assignments in addition to normal job functions.
Education and/or Experience Requirements
Related bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or University plus one to two years related experience preferred; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities. Excellent computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office programs.
Valid driver’s license & insurance, driving record must meet state regulations & company policy. First Aid & CPR certification (may be completed after hire). Safe & reliable vehicle. Ability to travel as required. Must meet all federal, state, and internal employment requirements including, but not limited to: Criminal background checks and Physical/TB screening.
Full time employees are eligible for benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance. Enriching Lives offers paid vacation and sick time as well as an opportunity for employees to further their education through an Educational Assistance Plan.
To apply, please respond with cover letter and resume and complete the application at the link below:
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers